Friday, December 11, 2009

Revlon Colorsilk hairdye while pregnant?

I am 14weeks 4days pregnant and so officially in my 2nd trimester. I have had a problem with premature greying of hair for a long time and always dyed my hair. I refrained from coloring my hair in the 1st trimester but now that my greys are beginning to show its becoming really embarassing so i was wondering is it ok to dye my hair now that i am in the 2nd trimester. I have asked me doctor and she says it is OK to do so but i am still kinda scared. Do you guys think i should go and ahead and color my hair? anyone else in the same position?


Thanks!Revlon Colorsilk hairdye while pregnant?
You should trust what the doctor said, if you don't than you need to look for a new doctor.Revlon Colorsilk hairdye while pregnant?
I am 15.5 weeks pregnant with number 2 and just used that same hair dye last night! it was on sale at my grocery store for $1.50 a box and seeing as I need 3 boxes b/c I have very very long thick hair I went for it! I love it and it looks great, I also died my hair with my first child who is 2.5 years old and perfect! it is a wives tale, go for it!
you should be fine. make sure to do a skin test before hand as pregnant women are at risk of having a reaction due to increased hormones etc. leave skin test on for 24 hrs and if thats ok then you'll be fine.
I have read that its not good to use hair dyes while pregnant, so I opt for highlights but i tell them not to touch my scalp. There's no proven affects on the baby, but i wouldn't use chemicals especially ones with ammonia in it.
Yes it is fine to dye your hair once you get into your second trimester. Just be sure to be in a well ventilated area and to not keep it on your head too long before rinsing.


Why are you asking us strangers when your doctor said it's okay?? Trust your doc over us!
you can dye your hair at anytime in pregnancy. im 24 weeks i dyed my hair at the beginning of this pregnancy and did it twice with my son. when income tax comes in im going to get my hair done (highlights) so hair dye is perfectly fine.
I died my hair 2 times while I was pregnant- for touch-ups. I have a healthy baby boy. Go right ahead- especially if your DR saya it's OK!!
Go for it.


If the Dr says its okay, then it's fine. Trust your Dr.
Ive noticed more gray too! My doctor said to avoid coloring just in the 1st trimester until organs, ect are developed. I started coloring about the same time as you, because wow, was it grown out...lol!





The biggest concern if breathing the fumes. I have used the Nice n Easy 10 minute haircolor and it does cover all my grays. I like that it is only on for 10 mintues, just to be on the safe side. Plus, the one time I did use the stuff you live on for 30-45 mintues...I did start to feel a little sickish. Make sure you turn on the fan and leave the room after applied.





Congrats!
  • thin hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin disease