Friday, December 11, 2009

I JUST DYED my hair with REVLON ColorSilk, ';light ash brown'; and it came out GRAY WHY???????????

ugh I have to fix this now and with what???????????? its GRAY!!I JUST DYED my hair with REVLON ColorSilk, ';light ash brown'; and it came out GRAY WHY???????????
Hairdresser speaking! Ash is a green base. Unless you had a lot of warmth in your own haircolor to counter the green base, ash will become gray, or worse green! Also, everything else you have done to your hair prior to this is a factor in your results! Don't do your own hair color at home. Hair stylists don't tell you this because we want your money. We actually enjoy helping people look good. First of all, if you aren't a hair stylist, you know nothing about color theory, hair structure and the chemical processes. Second, those over the counter products are trash! You can't rely on the shades on the box and the name they give. They don't produce quality results even when you don't goof up and they are harsh on your hair. Go to a pro. Don't attempt to fix this yourself. It is costly to correct color professionally but at least you will still have hair when you are done. If you start trying to fix this yourself, you will probably make it much much worse. Corrective color is tricky. You already goofed up on hair you liked. What makes you think you can fix ****ed up color?!?!?! Go to a professional now! I don't mean to be mean. I'm really trying to help. I've seen women in my salon in the past come in crying because of the same thing. They goofed and tried to fix it. By the time they came to me, they had spent $20 to $50 on stuff at the store and ended up paying me an additional $100-$150 to fix it...that's a lot of money...not to mention they spent hours on it at home and then 4-10 hours with me. If you don't stop, it can turn into something really horrific that costs that much and takes that long to correct. So, if you care about your hair and you sound like you do, stop now and call to make an appointment with some one who knows corrective color! Good luck!I JUST DYED my hair with REVLON ColorSilk, ';light ash brown'; and it came out GRAY WHY???????????
Glad to hear it's going to work out in the end! I'm sorry if I came off too harsh, just very passionate! Report Abuse

I'm not sure but I have heard if you dye your hair while you have highlights it can throw the color off.
Uh oh, you've got a problem!I feel for ya. Did you put it on light hair? Ash often turns a grayish greenish tone on already lightened or blond hair. You'll probably have to see a hairdresser.(Or You could try to wash your hair w/ a clairifying shampoo several times and then re-color w/ a light blond shade, not ash! I can't guarantee this, though.)Hope it turns out alright.
try calling their call center, the number should be on the box. tell them what happened and they can tell you how to fix it. if they aren't open, then i would recommend an emergency trip to a salon. good luck girl, i feel bad for ya!
For one thing STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING THAT SAYS ASH on the box. With an ash color....ash brown, ash blonde, you very well may get gray hair...think...what color are ashes? Ash is gray so what you are really buying is a color with gray undertones. Your best bet now is to go now and buy a permanent color as close to your natural color that you can get but go one shade darker to make sure to cover those ashy colors up. If you need help contact me through yahoo messenger...krystena_420_24_7 I will help you more if I can...You can buy products at the store to strip the color out....DO NOT DO THAT it causes major breakage. before you reclolor....WASH WASH WASH......Get out what you can with dish soap dawn is best.
Because you used and ASH shade you should use either natural or golden, but now that you have already done it you need to use the golden. Make sure to condition really good befor and after coloring your hair the socond time! Good luck
it depends on what color your hair was to begin with. but it would be because ash is gray. ash brown is gray brown and its usually used to dye out red tones. i used to dye my hair red and every time i tried to get it brown again it always faded back to red. so i used an ash brown because the gray tones down the red and now its my natural color. but if your hair was really light brown, dirty blonde, or blonde, it would turn gray because its an ash tone and thats what it does

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disease